Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wooing


 Job 34 - 37

Job 36:16 “He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food.”

“He is wooing you…” Ladies, how many times have we thought possibly even said we want to be wooed?  I know I say it regularly.  The idea of having a man do things to entice us to want to be with him, around him, fall for him, etc.  A man who wants to take us to dinner.  A man who wants to go for romantic walks.  A man who wants to listen to us when we talk about our day.  A man who will be our rock and just hold us telling us everything will be okay.  I have good news ladies… HE is wooing you!  HE has a table for us to sit at and eat plenty.  HE will walk with us, better yet, HE will carry us on the walk if we are weak that day.  HE romances us in a way no mortal man could.  HE listens to every word that we speak or think.  HE wants so badly to be our rock.  To hold us and tell us everything will be okay because HE knows it will.  I am guilty of loosing site of this.  Forgetting that I should be more worried about Him wooing me than a mortal man wooing me.  Remembering that the two should woo similarly.  That the mortal man should woo me with the same ideals as He does.  The wooing should be parallel, not perpendicular. It is so easy to let society dictate what the wooing should look like and man o man what true lady would want what the majority of society trained men are offering.  Ladies, if you are a God fearing woman, own up to your part of the wooing.  Be a lady of the Lord and wait for the parallel wooing!  I am challenging myself to do just that, please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment