Friday, September 3, 2010

The Family Tree

Day 11 - Genesis 44-46


Genesis 46:8-25 “These are the names of the sons of Israel (Jacob and his descendants) who went to Egypt: …”

Throughout Genesis we have read the “family trees” of each male from Adam to Jacob.  Why don’t we all take as much pride in our family trees?  Why don’t we document it all for those to come after us?  Back then, they not only documented the whos, but they documented the wheres.  I mean it is great that we know our immediate relatives and sometimes two or three branches out, but what about beyond that?  Have we become so focused on ourselves and those surrounding us that we don’t think to ask?  Are we so busy look towards our own futures and where we are going that we don’t want to find out where we came from?  I think next time I am with family I might ask a few questions, maybe start a family tree project sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've been trying to work on a family tree for a long time...I think they are so cool! I would definitely recommend you work on it while your gparents can help you--and tell you some fun stories, too!

    ReplyDelete