Friday, September 3, 2010

Dream Interpretations

Day 9 - Genesis 37-41 & 1 Chronicles 2:3-6 & 8

In this reading, there isn't really a verse or chapter that I am gong to highlight, but rather a couple.  Joseph interprets three dreams in this reading as God's "voice".  Joseph's interpretations were exactly right and he said it was God's interpretations.  This got me to thinking about dreams.  There are a bunch of dream interpretation books out there, people documenting what certain aspects of dreams mean.  A bunch of speculation, to me.  There are also those who say it is just your subconscious coming to life.  A place for your deep desires, fears, and so on to be showcased.  Some say they are memories.  Some even say they are predictions of the future.  But what if they were all wrong?  What if it was still a way of God communicating with us.  For many years God came to people in their dreams, what if He still is?  After I write that I think about some of the dreams that I have had and I am pretty sure God wasn't there.  But what if He was, what if the dream was just a way to get my attention?  To draw me towards someone or something.  To plant an idea in my head for later use.  Speaking of which, I saw "Inception" last night, what if God was doing the inception?  Maybe He is.  There are many times where my dreams have become reality and because I felt I knew what would happen with each decision made I was able to decide correctly and positive things happened.  So is it really that big of a stretch to think that dreams are still a way of God to communicate with us? I know the next time I have a dream I will be wondering, what He may have wanted me to get from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment