Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Justify This

Day 20 – Job 20-23 (9/7/10)

Job 21:22 “Can anyone teach knowledge to God, since he judges even the highest?

I believe this to be one of the first ever rhetorical questions.  Anyone who believes now or believed then knows the answer, so no answer is really needed.  The question is just thrown out there.  At any rate, how many times do we humans try to tell God about how it is or what should be?  While we believe ourselves to be all knowing only one is.  He is.  We are taught that and shown that but we still try to tell Him and teach Him about things.  I believe any time I have tried to tell God about the way things are, it was about justifying something I had either done, said, or thought which was not in good standing with Him.  Man, we can justify anything can’t we.  Anything from making fun of someone to the extreme of murder.  We hear murderers justifying their actions all the way to their prison cell and beyond.  Why do we do that?  I would say on average, I am justifying my actions regularly.  Not with God necessarily, but with friends, sometimes family.  Not bad actions, just day to day actions.  Why do we do this?  Why do we demand justification from others?  Why is it our business?  I challenge myself to not believe I am needing of justification from others and let God do His job.

No comments:

Post a Comment