Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Image

Day 1 - Genesis 1-6 & 1 Chronicles 1:1-4

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

We were made in God's image.  Isn't that something to think about.  All of us imperfect humans, made in the image of God.  God, the most perfect.  And what's more, He loves us.  Imperfections and all this God loves us.  I sit and think about all the different ways we (even myself) imagine God.  All the majestic ideas of what/who God is.  Do we ever think to simply look at our family, friends, co-workers, or even the person practically sitting on our lap next to us on an airplane?  If we were made in His image then we should be able to see God all day every day (assuming of course we leave our humble abodes).  The next time you want to see God, don't think you have to climb Mt. Everest (although since He created that too, yes He would be there), but for us less motivated to climb, remember God is in all of us humans.  Yes even that guy next to us in traffic picking his nose, God is there.  I wonder, if everyone looked upon others as they would God, how much hate, violence, cruelty, and other spiritual poisons would there be in this world?  So as I lay my head down tonight, I am reminded that tomorrow at work God's image will surround me and that makes all the obstacles I will face seem a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment