Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Babel

Day 3 - Genesis 11-14

Genesis 11:8-9 "So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.  That is why it was called Babel because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world.  From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth."

The land of Babel... aka Stephanie's brain!  So God caused mass confusion by changing languages and He kept them from being able to communicate and therefore kept them from being able to build a city and tower that would reach the heavens.  Sometimes I wonder if God causes mass confusion in my brain.  There are days where I cannot make sense of any thought in my brain.  There are days where I open my mouth and no one (not even myself) understands.  However, I wonder why God didn't want the men to be able to do the impossible?  It is said "through God all things are possible", so were these men not acting for God?  I know that unfortunately I am not always acting for God, could that be why my brain is like Babel at times?  Hmmm... now that is an interesting thought.  I will have to ponder that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment