Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Christian's Wealth

Day 6 - Genesis 23-28

Genesis 26:12 "Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him."

Isaac "reaped hundred fold because the Lord blessed him."  I think so many times people feel that Christians should not be wealthy people.  This verse and many like it contradict that notion.  The Lord blesses His followers in many ways.  Love, life, happiness, comfort, etc. Christians have a different set of values so for them to be wealthy does not mean with material things, however.  I got to thinking about this and I wonder if God will not bring unnecessary struggles, including financial to those who have truly given their heart to Him.  For those of us who place more value on the material things do we sometimes end up in a struggle we have created for ourselves?  Credit card debt, second and third mortgage debt, gambling debt, drug and/or alcohol addiction, etc. are these struggles that we have placed upon ourselves because God is not our center?  How many of our struggles could be avoided if we placed God at the center of our hearts and lives?  Now I am not saying a Christian's life is easy peesy, no, I am saying struggles they bring upon themselves may be different and that they are more apt to recognize their struggles as opportunities for growth not only as individuals or families, but as Christians.  It is during these times of struggles they lean on their friends, family, and faith to get through a struggle and come out a better person and a better Christian with a greater love for God, their families, and even themselves.  I need to remember that each and every struggle I have is an opportunity for growth as an individual, Christian, and for my relationship with God and others.  "No problems, only solutions!"

2 comments:

  1. May we all see struggles as opportunities for growth....thanks for sharing your thoughts about this! It is a great reminder and great challenge. :) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Emily! Thank you for reading and your prayers as I go through this adventure! I am finding myself again through the eyes of the Lord! It is because of strong people of faith like yourself that I am able to do this! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete